Our Zoom integration lets you create Zoom events in the platform. The integration also gives you the option to embed a Zoom event in a scheduled activity page — giving your learners the ability to participate in the event without having to launch Zoom on their device.
This article walks you through creating an event with an embedded Zoom webinar or meeting and gives an overview of the learner experience with embedded Zoom events.
Things to Note:
- The Zoom integration for Intellum is required
- Zoom embeds cannot be retroactively added to Zoom events
- Zoom embeds are compatible with events with a single date
- Enabling a Zoom embed disables registration for the Zoom event
- Zoom embeds may require some users to complete CAPTCHA
Embed a Zoom event
Follow these steps to add a Zoom event embed to your scheduled activity page:
- Create a new event connected to a new or existing scheduled activity.
- Fill in event details - the event's name, start time, and end time (based on the duration you set) will be used to create your Zoom event.
- Select Zoom as the event Type.
- Check the Zoom Embed property for the event.
- The platform notifies you that enabling a Zoom embed will automatically disable registration for the event - click Continue.
6. Add further information and click Save to create the Zoom event.
With the Embed property enabled and your event set up, learners enrolled in the event will see the Zoom event at the top of the activity page. The embed prompts them to load the event.
Zoom embeds may require some users to complete CAPTCHA. If you set a password for an event in your Zoom settings, users will be prompted to enter the required password to join.
1.) Event audio
Learners are prompted join the Zoom audio conference based on the options enabled for the event.
2.) Event interactions
Once loaded, leaners can interact with the interaction tools you've enabled for an event - exactly as if they had launched the Zoom app.
3.) Event view
Learners can toggle between the embed view or a full screen view of the Zoom event.
4.) Leave event
Learners can leave the event at any point and when the event concludes; doing so ends the Zoom embed stream in the activity page.
If the activity page is requires refresh at any point, learners will be prompted to load the Zoom event again, and may have to complete CAPTCHA to rejoin.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.