This article highlights common causes of errors related to a OneTrust Cookie Compliance integration.
For assistance completing steps in the Cookie Compliance platform, please reference OneTrust's Cookie Compliance documentation (requires a OneTrust login) or contact OneTrust support.
Common causes of errors
- Browser extensions such as I Don't Care About Cookies can hide the cookie banner
- Browser extensions such as uBlock Origin may break the Capture Records of Consent feature
- If you change settings in a Cookie Compliance templates or make changes to Geolocation rules, you must republish the CDN scripts in Cookie Compliance before the changes are reflected for users. It can take up to 4 hours for changes to be reflected
- Manual categorization of cookies after the CDN script is published requires that the CDN script be republished
- After enabling OneTrust, the CDN script value is not reflected in the admin UI. The CDN script value can be see by reviewing the beginning of the HTML head tag in Learner-facing pages
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.