Intellum lets you customize the registration and log in process for each organization in your account. Customize the way a user registers and logs in while ensuring you have the information you need to create an engaging, personalized learning experience for each audience.
In this article, you’ll learn how to access the Registration & Login Settings of an organization and get an overview of the settings available that let you customize the registration and log in process for that organization.
Access Registration & Login Settings
Unrestricted Admin access Registration & Login Settings for an organization through account Settings.
Navigate to Settings in the expanded admin navigation.
Expand the Organizations tab in Settings.
Select an organization from the list.
Click on the Registration & Login tab.
Registration Settings control the self-registrations settings for an organization, including the option to enable self-registration, set a Registration Code, or present users with a Terms of Service after registration.
Here’s a breakdown of the options available in Registration Settings:
Self-Registration opens account creation to your audiences. Self-registration can only be set up on the Default organization or on organizations that use a subdomain.
The self-registration form seen by learners is driven by the User Profile Settings enabled from your account's Settings. Unrestricted admin can edit and update the fields used in the self-registration form through account Settings - as seen below:
To allow self-registration for an organization, follow these steps:
Enable Allow users to self register from the login page to
The self-registration setup options open.
Add the following information - as needed (see descriptions below):
Registration Hero Image
Terms of Service (TOS)
4. Click Save Changes to enable self-registration for the organization.
- REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add information or instructions for learners to the registration page. Supports HTML formatting, can be left blank.
- REGISTRATION HERO IMAGE:
- Upload a custom hero image to the registration page.
Self - Registration Options:
- LOGIN DOMAINS :
- add a list of approved email domains to limit registration to users from those domains (e.g. boosted.com). Can be left blank.
- REGISTRATION CODE:
- Users enter a unique code to be able to create a new account. Add multiple codes to this field by using a comma to separate each code - no spaces needed (i.e. code1,code2,code3,code4).
- WELCOME LETTER:
- Choose from the Letters you’ve created in the platform to send an email to a user when she creates a new account.
- TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS):
- Add a TOS that a user must accept on first login. You can set one TOS per organization - but a TOS can be added for each user language you support. Adding a new, or updating an existing, TOS forces users to accept the new TOS.
Learn more about Account Settings:
Add or Update a Terms of Service
Click the Add a TOS button.
Name the TOS.
Select a Language for the TOS.
Add your verbiage to the Terms of Service Agreement field.
Toggle the Activate box when you are ready for the TOS to go live.
Login Settings control the methods of authentication available to users for login.
- AUTHENTICATION OPTIONS:
- Password authentication is the default option set on organizations. You can also allow users to register or login with a Google, Facebook, or Twitter account. You can enable one or more to add each option to the login window for users.
Contact your customer success manager or an Intellum representative to learn more about enabling Authentication Option.
- MIN PASSWORD STRENGTH :
- Use the slider to select a password strength for user log in. Choices range from Very Weak to Very Strong, and are based on the algorithmic password strength estimator zxcvbn.
Enable the following settings to further customize the login experience:
- Provide Users with the Ability to Reset…Check this box to allow users to reset their password from the login page.
- Disable User Login…Add an additional level of security by disabling the user's login for 1 hour after they've tried to unsuccessfully login 7 times within a 10 minute timeframe.
- Force Users to Select a Timezone…Makes timezone selection required for all users in the organization.
- Login Widget: Add an Intellum login box to your pages by copying & pasting the iframe code from this field.
- Custom Login URL: Add a web address to create a custom redirect for any unauthenticated user who is unable to log in to the organization. If Public Activities are enabled in your account, unauthenticated users will instead be directed to the organization’s public landing page.
- Log Out URL: Points users to a specific web address when they log out of the platform.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.