This extension is NOT recommended for use when creating accessible courses.
The Resources extension lets you add supporting documents to your course for learners to download and use.
This article provides an overview of the Resources extension and extension setup.
The Resources extension lets you add supporting documents to your course for learners to download and use. The Resource Extension can also be configured to use a link, which can direct the learner straight to the resource.
You enable the Resources extension in the Extensions section in your Evolve course.
Extension set up
To enable the Resources extension in your Evolve course, press the Extensions button in the top left and select Resources.
In the General section:
- In the General section, add a Resources Title.
- Add a Resources Description. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Add a Resources Page Aria Label, as needed.
- Add text for All.
- Add text for Document.
- Add text for Link.
- Finally, in the General section, add Filter ARIA Label as needed.
Hero Image Section
In the Hero Image section:
- In the Hero Image section, toggle to Add Hero Image. This will show a hero image for the Resources extension.
- Add a Hero Image Title.
- Add a Hero Image Body. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
In the Hero Image Graphic & Hero Image Content Layout sections:
- Select a Hero Image to display.
- Set Image Per Device Size, as needed.
- Add Hero Image Alt Text as needed.
- Set Hero image title and body container layout. By default, this is set to Center.
- Set Hero image title and body container width. By default, this is set to 70.
In the Hero Image Floating Graphic section:
- Select a Floating Graphic.
- Add Floating Graphic Alt Text, as needed.
- Set Floating Graphic Position. By default, this is set to Bottom right.
- Set Floating Graphic Offset Position.
- Toggle to Show on Large Screen Size Only.
- In the Appearance section, select Resource Navigation Button Icon. This icon will be displayed in the navigation.
- Add a Resource Header Icon. This icon will be displayed in the course assessment results header.
Note: The icons set in the Appearance section will override the icons set in the theme.
Resource Items Section
In the Resource Items section, you Add Resource Items to your Resources extension.
For each Resource Item:
- Select the Type. Choose Document or Link.
- Add a Resource Title.
- Add Resource Description. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Select an Asset for the Resource Item if Type is set to Document. Add a Link for the Resource Item if Type is set to Link.
- Add View Button Text.
Add, duplicate, or delete Resource Items as needed.
In the Behavior section, toggle to enable Hide Side Navigation Link. Enabling this will hide the resources link button in the side navigation.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.