The Gif component is a presentation component that displays a Gif image to the learner.
This article provides an overview of the Gif component, component setup and behavior, and examples of Gif component configurations.
The Gif component presents a Gif image to learners when the Gif component comes into view on a page in an Evolve course. The Gif component can be configured to replay when revisiting the course page.
The Gif component is fully responsive.
Component set up
Follow these steps to add the Gif component to a Block:
- Click Add Component.
- Use the component search or scroll to find the Gif component.
- Click the Gif component and select Add Left, Add Full, or Add Right .
Click the Edit Component icon on the newly added Gif component to begin set up.
In the General section:
Add Gif Title, or a Gif Display Title, as needed. Display Title is seen by learners.
Scroll down and add your Gif Body. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Add Gif Instruction Text that tells users how to use the component.
- Include an Aria Label for screen readers, as needed.
Interaction Label section
In the Interaction Label section, you can enable an Interaction Label. The Interaction Label allows you to add a widget before or after the Gif component that can display an icon and label prior to the Gif component completion, which changes to a different icon and label once the Gif component is completed.
- In the Gif section, you select a Gif to display.
- Enable Set Gif Per Device Size, as needed.
- Add an Alt Text, as needed.
- Add Caption to be displayed below the Gif, as needed.
In the Behaviour section, toggle Replay Gif to allow Gifs with a fixed iteration count to replay when revisiting a page.
By default, the Replay Gif toggle is disabled.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.