The Bookshelf extension lets learners store articles on their bookshelf for easy reference at a later date.
This article provides an overview of the Bookshelf extension, extension setup and provides examples of Bookshelf extension configurations.
The Bookshelf extension lets learners store articles on their bookshelf for easy reference at a later date. Articles can be pre shelved, so they appear on the bookshelf before the learner has started the course.
You enable the Bookshelf extension in the Extensions section in your Evolve course.
Extension set up
Follow these steps to enable the Bookshelf extension in your Evolve course:
Click the Extensions tab in your course.
- Scroll down to the Bookshelf extension and toggle to enable the extension.
- Click the Edit button and begin set up.
In the General section:
- Add Bookshelf Title. This is the title displayed on the bookshelf page.
- Add Bookshelf Body Text. This is used to direct the user to the shelved content below. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Add No Items Text. This text is displayed when no items have been shelved.
- Scroll down the page and add View Button Text.
- Add Bookshelf Page Aria Label, as needed.
- Add Article Shelf Button Aria Label for screen readers as needed.
Hero Image Section
In the Hero Image section:
- In the Hero Image section, toggle to Add Hero Image.
- Add Hero Image Title.
- Add Hero Image Body. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
In the Hero Image Graphic section:
- Select a Hero Image to display.
- Set Image Per Device Size, as needed.
- Add Hero Image Alt Text as needed.
Scroll down the page to make settings for the Hero Image Content Layout:
- Set Hero image title and body container layout. By default, this is set to Center.
- Set Hero image title and body container width. By default, this is set to 70.
In the Hero Image Floating Graphic section:
- Select a Floating Graphic.
- Add Floating Graphic Alt Text, as needed.
- Set Floating Graphic Position. By default, this is set to Bottom right.
- Set Floating Graphic Offset Position.
- Toggle to Show on Large Screen Size Only.
- In the Appearance section, select Bookshelf Navigation Button Icon. This icon will be displayed in the navigation.
- Select Bookshelf Header Icon. This icon will be displayed in the bookshelf header.
The icon/icons set in the Appearance section will override the icon set in the Evolve theme.
In the Behaviour section, you Set Bookshelf Articles. These are articles that can be added to the bookshelf. Click the button Show Articles and select your articles.
The articles can be pre-shelved to appear on the bookshelf before the learner has started the course. Bookshelf settings can also be changed on each article editor inside your Evolve course. For each article:
- Toggle to Enable Bookshelf as needed.
- Toggle to enable Pre Shelve Article as needed.
Below is an example that illustrates how the Bookshelf extension looks like in an Evolve course:
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.