Tribe Chat lets you communicate directly with learners, start a group conversation dedicated to a specific topic, or spark a conversation with users engaged in a learning activity, all without ever leaving the Intellum platform.
Tribe Chat is built into the experience of Tribe on the web and the Tribe mobile app. With Tribe Chat enabled, users access Tribe Chat through the chat icon in Tribe's navigation panel.
This article will walk you through Tribe Chat setup, settings, and how to create and edit group chats.
Tribe Chat is included in your subscription to Tribe. If you currently use Tribe and would like to enable Tribe Chat for your organization, please contact your customer success manager or an Intellum representative.
Tribe Chat settings
Settings for Tribe Chat give you options for implementing the feature to meet the needs of your organization and your users. Discuss the following options with your customer success manager to customize the Tribe Chat experience.
Restrict chat room creation
- Turn it ON - Only Tribe Organization Owners can create new chat rooms for 1:1 chats with users or group chats
- Keep it OFF - Any Tribe member can create a new chat room for 1:1 chats or group chats
Note: If you restrict chat room creation to Owners, users may not see the chat icon in Tribe navigation until they are messaged directly or are added to a group chat.
Create and edit group chats
Tribe Chat helps users connect one-on-one, but it also lets you connect to the expertise and interests of different segments of your users. Create group chats for announcements, to share resources, or for embedding in a Page activity.
To create a group chat, follow the steps below:
- Click the new message icon in Tribe Chat.
- Search for and select the users for the group chat.
- Click OK to create the group chat.
To edit a group name, follow the steps below:
- With the group chat open, click the info icon to open chat details.
- Click into the area below Group Name.
- Enter a new name for the group chat.
- Press enter or click the info icon again to make the change.
When it comes to locating the group chat URL, open the group chat's info. You'll find the option to copy the group chat URL to your clipboard. You can use the URL to invite new members to the chat. Any user who accesses the chat via the URL is automatically added to the group.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.