Follow up with the steps outlined in this article to configure your OneTrust cookie banner and its behaviors for deployment in the Intellum platform. Links to OneTrust knowledge base articles are included below - where applicable.
For assistance completing steps in the Cookie Compliance platform, please reference OneTrust's Cookie Compliance documentation (requires a OneTrust login) or contact OneTrust support.
Perform a Cookie Compliance scan
The first step in the process is to complete a scan of your Intellum account URL within Cookie Compliance. Use your full Intellum domain to complete the scan (i.e. https://documentation.exceedlms.com).
The Cookie Compliance scan crawls pages in your Intellum site to find and automatically categorize cookies recognized by OneTrust's Cookiepedia.
Categorize cookies found by the scan
Cookies found by the scan are automatically categorized as appropriate (i.e. Strictly Necessary, Targeting, Performance, etc.), but there may be times you are required to categorize cookies found, but not automatically categorized, by the Cookie Compliance scan.
Several Cookie Compliance features require that cookies be categorized. Here are a few use cases to illustrate the necessity of categorizing cookies:
- If you intend for users to explicitly consent to opt-in to specific categories of cookies, you must identify which category each cookie belongs to. Uncategorized cookies will be automatically set on a user's browser without the user's explicit consent.
- If you intend to configure the Cookie Compliance User Preference Center to include a cookie list, you must identify which category each cookie belongs to for grouping within the cookie list
- If you intend to use the OneTrust cookie auto-blocking feature, you must identify which category each cookie belongs to for the feature to auto-block by category.
Add & categorize cookies not found by the scan
The Cookie Compliance scan does not scan all Intellum platform pages. As a result, some cookies may be missed. For example, some cookies may only be set for a user that has logged in to the platform, so those cookies will be missed if the scan was not also set to log in.
Other cookies may only be present and set on specific pages within the platform. For example, Vimeo cookies are only set in page activities with embedded Vimeo videos. These cookies will be missed if the scan does not reach those pages.
Depending on the Cookie Compliance features you plan to use, you may need to manually add and categorize cookies not found by the scan - as outlined in the previous step.
Below are a few examples of cookies that may not be found by a Cookie Compliance scan. Examples include cookies set by third-party scripts added to an activity or account, such as:
Script tags added to HTML components in pages
Script tags added to Embedded HTML sections in homepages
Custom integrations of third-party services you requested be added the your Intellum account website
You'll need to find which cookies are set by these third-party scripts in order to manually add and categorize them in Cookie Compliance.
Learn more about cookies set in the Intellum platform:
Cookies set in the Intellum Platform
Configure Cookie Compliance templates & Geolocation rules
Cookie Compliance templates control the appearance and settings of cookie banner when deployed in the Intellum platform. Create templates of banner, preference center, and cookie list settings to easily implement cookie consent and preference selection for users.
Geolocation Rules determine the consent model, behaviors, and content that will be shown to site visitors from certain locations.
Contact OneTrust support
Reach out to OneTrust support with the following, or a similar, message:
Please enable the setting to prevent the banner script from focusing on the first navigable element in our webpages.
This setting ensures that the Cookie Compliance script does not trigger an unexpected focus on a navigation element in the Intellum platform UI when a user closes the cookie banner - as seen below:
Block non-Strictly Required cookies set by third-party services
- Set up Geolocation Rules to block certain cookie categories until the user explicitly opts-in, or
- Added third-party scripts that set non-Strictly Required cookies,
You must implement a mechanism to block non-Strictly Required cookies.
Publish & copy your Cookie Compliance CDN Script
The Intellum platform will not integrate with Do Not Sell button, Cookie Setting Button, or Cookie List scripts. See the options below for inclusion of these items in your cookie banner.
Enable the Cookie Setting button for a template:
- In Cookie Compliance, navigate to Preference Center > Content > Button Set and turn on Enable persistent Cookie Settings hover button .
Make a Cookie List accessible in the Preference Center:
- In Cookie Compliance, navigate to Preference Center > Advanced Configuration and turn on Show Cookies List.
Add the Cookie Compliance CDN script to your Intellum account
Follow these steps to enable your OneTrust cookie banner in Intellum:
- Navigate to account Settings in the Intellum platform.
- Select the Apps tab and scroll to find the OneTrust Cookie Compliance option.
- Click Enable OneTrust.
- Paste the CDN script in the field provided.
- Click Submit.
Test the cookie banner in your account
Follow up by ensuring your cookie banner displays and functions as intended by visiting your Intellum account after enabling OneTrust.
Additionally, you should follow up with the OneTrust knowledge base article entitled "Testing Your Cookie Blocking Implementation" to ensure your cookie banner is functioning as intended.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.