Notifications can help you solve the “how-will-users-know-to-come-back-for-more-content” problem, or what we think of as re-engagement. Notifications are platform-driven, in-app notification cards that can help you automate communications to reconnect a user with content she's nearly completed, celebrate a user's newly earned badge, or update a user when new content is added to a topic he follows - and more.
This article gives an overview of Notification card types available in the platform and takes a look at the Notifications experience from your users' perspective.
Notifications | Platform Set Up
Each Notification card type must be enabled at the account-level by an Intellum representative. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about adding Notifications for your users.
Have an idea for a notification card not covered in this article? Connect with your Customer Success Manger for other options.
Notification Card Types
You can choose from the following list of predefined Notifications that are triggered by actions in the platform:
Upcoming Due Activities
- Notifies the user when an activity is due within the next 7 days
Path Almost Complete/Abandoned
- Notifies the user after 14 days of no progress on Paths with at least 75% of activities completed
Collection Almost Complete/Abandoned
- Notifies the user after 14 days of no progress on Collections with at least 75% of paths completed
Evaluation Notification for Learner
- Notifies the user when a Topic Expert or Manager has completed an evaluation of the user
Evaluation Notification for Expert
- Notifies a Topic Expert when a user has completed an evaluation in the expert's topic area
Enrollment Approval for Learner
- Notifies the user when her enrollment in an activity has been approved
New Followed Topic Content
- Notifies the user when new content is added to a topic he follows
- Notifies the user when she receives an award for completing an activity
Discover Tab Featured Content
- Notifies the user when new, featured content is added to Discover
Level Badge Notifications
- Notifies the user when she's earned a new badge in Level
Announcements are a notification type that let unrestricted administrators connect with users on an as-needed, or ad-hoc, basis.
Read more about Announcements:
Follow up with your in-app notifications by sending a digest of the week's notifications to users via email.
This option is enabled at the account-level, so connect with your Customer Success Manger to learn more.
Notifications | User Experience
When Notification cards are enabled, users access their personalized cards through the Notifications Center - the lightning bolt icon in the top nav bar - right next to their profile picture.
A blue badge on the icon reflects the number of unread Notifications waiting for the user. When clicked, the Notifications Center opens. Notifications are listed in chronological order - with the most recent at the top.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.