Audit logs provide insight when it comes to tracking down how or when platform components were changed - and who made the change. Audit logs can be accessed through the Properties of major platform for some components - like activities and users - or the Show panel for others - like enrollments.
This article covers accessing the audit log through a component's platform ID, and gives an overview of updating the audit log filter to be able to review exactly the info you need for a particular platform component.
Accessing the Audit Log
Because Audit logs are tied to a component's ID in the platform - like User ID, Activity ID, Enrollment ID, etc. - you access the Audit Log through the ID in the footer of the Properties page for activities, users, and groups, or the Show panel for enrollments
Access the audit log via a Properties page:
- Based on the info you need, access the Properties page of an activity, user, or group.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Properties page.
- Double-click the ID found in the page footer.
- The Audit Log for the component opens with a log of actions related to that component in the platform.
Access the audit log via the enrollment Show panel:
- Based on the info you need, open the Show panel for an enrollment by accessing enrollments through a user profile or an activity.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Show panel.
- Double click the Enrollment ID found in the panel footer
- The Audit Log for the enrollment opens with a log of actions related to user enrollment activity - including actions by the user or an admin.
Add a browser bookmark for any Audit Logs you want to access regularly. The Audit Log filter can be updated as needed.
Using the Audit Log Filter
Once you've accessed the Audit Log, you can use the filter options at the top of the page to pull the log for a number of components in the platform.
Both filters are required to update the audit log. That means, changing the type of log you're pulling will also require an update the ID field with an associated component ID.