Homepages set the tone for your learners’ experience in the Intellum Platform. Each Organization you add can feature a branded and tailored homepage designed to engage a specific audience with specific content.
This article covers the Home Layout Settings for Organizations and gives an overview of adding and configuring Hero Images and Home Sections to personalize homepages for your learners.
Access Home Layout Settings
To access the Home Layout Settings for an Organization, follow these steps:
- Navigate to account Settings in the expanded navigation menu.
- Select an Organization from the Organizations dropdown.
- Click the Home Layout tab within the Organization's properties.
Home Layout Settings help you personalize the learner experience with branded imagery or graphics - and targeted content - for each audience.
Home Layout Settings can be customized using:
- Use the Locale drop-down menu to create a custom homepage for active Locales in your account - by Organization.
- Feature banner images or graphics at the top of your Organization's homepage. Hero Images can also link learners to web resources.
Home Sections Layout
- Configure the content sections visible to learners, the content they include, and the order they appear in on the homepage.
You can add one or more hero images to your Organization's homepage. Each hero image you add can be set up to target a specific segment of your audience based on authentication or group membership. You can assign a URL to hero images to link learners to internal or external resources.
Add a hero image
- Click Add Hero Image.
- Click Choose File to upload a desktop version of the image - use the recommended dimensions (2400x650px) for the best results. Upload a mobile version of the image (414x232px) to optimize for devices.
3. Add a URL if the hero image should link to a web resource.
4. Add Alt Text for the image to optimize for accessibility and search engines.
5. Add an Authentication Restriction to customize what type of user can see the hero image:
- Section is not visible to any user
Show to all users
- Section is visible to logged-in users and anonymous users
Show to authenticated users
- Section is only visible to logged-in users
Show to public users
- Section is only visible to anonymous users
If you have not enabled a public catalog, you will not see the Show to public users option for authentication restriction. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager or an Intellum representative for more info.
6. Add a Group Restriction if the hero image should only be visible to users within specific groups.
5. Click Save to add the hero image to your organization's homepage.
Once added, you're returned to the Home Layout Settings where you'll see your new hero image listed with both authentication and group restriction settings reflected.
Use the = icon to reorder hero images, click the gear icon to edit hero image properties, or click the X icon to remove a hero images - as highlighted below.
Home Sections Layout
The Home Sections Layout for a new Organization includes these default sections:
Default Home Sections include homepage sections that reflect a learner's in-progress activities, required or recommended activities, and events they are registered to attend.
Add or remove sections to customize your Organization's homepage layout. In addition to the default sections, you can choose to add the following sections:
- Adds a section for each Topic a user follows - up to 10 sections
- Adds a section to feature the top learning content in your catalog
Live & Upcoming Events
- Adds a section for live & upcoming events - up to 12 events
- Adds a section that lets you build custom content into your homepages using custom HTML code or markdown.
Custom Banner Section
- Adds a section of image cards that point learners to specific internal or external web resources. You can add multiple banner sections.
- Adds a section for the content assigned to a specific Topic. You can add as many Topic sections as needed.
Click the Add button for the section to add it to your Home Sections Layout.
Configure Home Sections
Each Home Section features a set of properties that let you customize how the content in the section is included on a homepage, like:
- the Section Name and if it is displayed on the homepage
- the Section Description - if needed
- the Layout, or number of items included in the homepage section
- the Overflow, or how additional content fits into the homepage section
- which Groups can see the section
- the type of user that can see the section
Once added, you're returned to the Home Layout Settings where you'll see your new home section listed with visibility, authentication, and group restriction settings reflected.
Use the = icon to reorder home sections on the homepage, click the gear icon to edit section properties, or click the X icon to remove a section - as highlighted below.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.