The Intellum app for Salesforce adds learning data from your Intellum account to your Salesforce records. Connect Intellum to Salesforce to be able to review and report on Users, Activites, and Enrollments from your learning environment alongside the other business metrics you track.
This article covers the platform requirements for adding the Intellum app to Salesforce, connecting Intellum to Salesforce, and the Salesforce configuration needed to sync information from the Intellum platform.
To add the Intellum app to Salesforce, here’s what you’ll need:
- A Salesforce account with administrator access.
- The Enable Salesforce integration feature enabled on your account.
- Contact an Intellum representative for more info
- The installation link for the Intellum app.
- Request the link from an Intellum representative
Once connected, Unrestricted Admin will find the Salesforce integration reflected in the Apps tab in account Settings.
Install the Intellum App in Salesforce
Follow these steps to install the Intellum app:
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- Open the Intellum app install link provided by your Intellum rep.
- When prompted, select Install for All Users.
- Click Install.
Configure the Intellum App:
After installation, you'll be asked to configure the app by adding a URL from any page in your Intellum account. For example:
Click the Activate button to authorize the Intellum app in Salesforce.
Installation Screen Time Out:
In some cases the installation screen may time out while the Intellum app is being installed. Once you are notified that the app has successfully installed, you can find the post installation instructions for the app within Salesforce.
In Salesforce, visit Apps-> Packaging -> Installed Packages-> Intellum. Click the Intellum link, locate the Post Install Instructions and click View. Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
Access Intellum Data in Salesforce
After a successful integration, you are able to add the following tabs to your Salesforce navigation for quick access to data from Intellum:
- Intellum Users
- Intellum Activities
- Intellum Enrollments
Trigger Mappings | Example Code
Reach out to your Customer Success Manager or an Intellum representative for example code that can be customized to trigger mappings between the data synced from your learning environment and objects in Salesforce.
- When a new user is created in your learning environment, match the user to an existing Salesforce User/Contact/Lead
- When a user is updated in your learning environment, map the update to the related Salesforce User/Contact/Lead.
- Add Enrollments to a Salesforce User/Contact/Lead