The Discover tab gives you and your users access to a growing catalog of free, curated learning Paths across a variety of topics like leadership, communication, entrepreneurship, and tech. The content you'll find in the Discover tab is hand-selected by experts and professionals who work closely with our in-house curation team to craft bite-size, impactful learning Paths. Each Link Activity included in a Path is carefully sourced, reviewed, and organized to develop context and maximize content engagement for users.
As an admin in Intellum, you not only have access to expertly curated content found in the Discover tab -- just like your users do -- you also have the ability to pull learning Paths from the Discover tab and include them in your learning Catalog. Once added to your Catalog, you can customize the Discover tab Paths based on your learning audiences and track when your customers complete them.
This article covers how to access and navigate the Discover Tab, accessing a Path, adding curated content to your Catalog, as well as an overview on how you can curate your own Path. TIme to discover...Discover!
When you click on the Discover icon for the first time, you'll see a message from us and an Opt-in option. Click the "OK, I'm Ready To Discover" button to proceed. Discover is updated on a consistent basis with a set of Featured Paths at the top of the page, followed by Paths of content that have been featured in the past:
You'll find a Topic drop-down button at the top of the page--expanding the drop-down feature lets you choose a specific Topic section and view the Paths tagged with that Topic.
You may click any displayed Path to access the Path view, just like for any other Path you've accessed before. Once accessed, the Path will then show up under My Library, like other content accessed in the platform.
COPYING CURATED CONTENT
So you're cruising the Discover tab and you find a Path on something that's a perfect share for your users, but hmmm, you wish you could track user progress on the Path because you'd also like to add a scheduled online meeting to talk about it in person. Well, we’ve got good news! As an admin, you can copy the curated Paths and Activities from the Discover tab to add the content to your learning Catalog. When copied, Path and Activity information is carried over and the Path is opened in admin view, ready to be customized for delivery to your users. This is a clear win-win for you and your users!
COPY A DISCOVER TAB PATH
Copying a curated Path pulls that Path and its content into your account and gives you access to the same options, settings, and properties available on other Paths in the platform. When you copy a curated Path from the Discover tab, Intellum creates mirror versions of the Activities within the Path for your users. You have the option to reorder, add, or remove Activities within the Path.
- Open the Discover tab.
- Find and open a curated Path.
- Click on the More Options menu at the top right of the Path's page and select Create Copy.
- The Path is immediately pulled into your account in Admin view - ready to be set up for your users.
ADD A DISCOVER TAB ACTIVITY TO A PATH
Alongside copying curated Paths, you can also add individual Activities from the Discover tab to existing Paths in your Catalog. Since copied Activities are mirror versions of the curated Activities found in the Discover tab, they...
- ...exist only as external links within a copied Path or when added to an existing Path.
- ...don't exist as stand-alone Activities in your Catalog.
- ...provide no editable Properties or Admin access.
- Open the Discover tab.
- Find and open a curated Path
- Open the Activity you would like to add to an existing Path in your Catalog.
- Click on the More Options menu at the top right of the Activity's page and select Add to existing path.
- The Add to Existing Path window opens. Begin typing in the title or keywords for the existing Path.
- When you've found and selected the existing Path, click the Add button.
- The Activity is pulled into your existing Path in Admin view.
CURATING A PATH IN DISCOVER TAB
Content from the Discover tab is included with your account, for free, from Catcat -- Intellum's free, open-learning destination that empowers anyone to curate, share, discover, and consume information related to their individual passions or areas of expertise, including yours and your users’. We believe all of the information needed to learn a subject already exists online and people like you are creating more awesome content every day.
You may add your own curated content at any time by clicking the "+" (plus) button at the bottom right of the Discover Home or Topic pages:
After the plus button is clicked, you will see a pop-up notification stating that you are leaving your company's learning environment and asking you to log into Catcat, where the content you are adding will live:
After logging in, you’ll access an editor for adding Path content to the public catalog. The editor provides a very user-friendly interface:
The editor is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) display, making it easy to add or change elements to the Path. Using the editor, you can add or edit:
- Hero Image - a JPG, PNG or GIF file with recommended dimensions of 2400 x 650 px (max size 10 MB). An optional mobile image may be uploaded as well (640 x 360 px, 3 MB max size).
- Path Title
- Path Description
- Section Description
- Section Title
- Add Activity button - it's easy to add a link activity (only) to the Path via this button
- Add a new section - Add additional sections by clicking this link
- Difficulty level - Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced
- Add Topics button - assign topic(s) to this Path
- Cover Art - a JPG, PNG, or GIF file with recommended dimensions of 525 x 295 px
- Publish - switching this "On" will add this Path to a moderation queue for review
Here's an example of a learner-built Path in Draft status; not yet published for inclusion in Catcat.
Once the Path has been created, the Hero Image, Path title, Path description, Section titles, Section descriptions, Difficulty level, Topics and Cover Art can all be edited directly via the editor. To edit the activities in any section, clicking the three-dotted icon next to an activity title brings up a pop-up menu that allows you to view, edit or remove an activity. When an activity is in edit mode, its Name, Description, duration, Difficulty level, Cover Art, Publisher, Author and Published on date may be edited. Alternately, you can delete the activity.
The Discover Page gives you access to an evolving and constantly improving learning experience that will never get stale, allowing you to spend your valuable time learning instead of searching for relevant content.